Dr. Jennifer Luis
Jennifer specializes in naturopathic care. Her work includes acupuncture, Bowen therapy, detoxification, advice regarding diet and nutrition, supplementation, and IV therapy. Her treatments are based on individual needs.
Dr. Jennifer Luis B.Sc., B.ED., ND – Vancouver Naturopath
Dr. Jennifer Luis completed her undergraduate degrees in Cell Biology/Genetics followed by a Bachelor of Education at the University of British Columbia. After teaching secondary school in Vancouver for 10 years, she completed her 4-year Naturopathic medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in British Columbia.
By seeking the underlying cause of “dis-ease” and treating the whole person using naturopathic principles, Dr. Luis offers individualized treatment plans that help her patients reach their goals and achieve optimal health. With experience and a love of teaching, Dr. Luis enjoys educating patients to help make positive lifestyle and health-related decisions.
Some examples of commonly treated conditions include:
- Women’s health – hormone imbalances, pre and post partum concerns, infertility, menopause, PCOS, PMS
- Digestion – IBS, IBD, food allergies, ulcers, Candida, parasites, gallstones
- Auto-immune diseases and thyroid disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders, diabetes
- Skin conditions – Acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea,
- General – weight gain, fatigue, stress, depression, insomnia, headache, allergies
- Infections, cold and flu, ear infections
- Muscle pain, strains, back pain, tendonitis, joint injuries and disease
- Pediatrics – frequent illness, ear infections, skin disorders, behavior concerns, abdominal pain, bed wetting, allergies
- Health visits and physical exams for general wellness in men, women, adolescents, children and infants
- Prevention of illness and disease, maintenance of health
Dr. Luis uses a variety of treatments to improve health such as acupuncture, Bowen therapy, detoxification, diet and nutrition counseling, supplementation and IV therapy. Weight loss programs are individualized to address the underlying cause of weight management and meet the specific needs of patients. Hormone-balancing using herbal supplements, nutrition and bio-identical hormone therapies are a special interest of Dr. Luis’ when treating the root causes of fatigue, thyroid dysfunction, infertility and family planning, menopause and peri-natal care. Laboratory testing is available in-office to determine food sensitivities, hormone levels, cardiac health, heavy metal toxicity, comprehensive nutrition analysis and all tests performed at Life Labs as markers of health.
Dr. Luis is licensed by and in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC and is a member of both the BC Naturopathic Association and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors. Dr. Luis also holds a license to prescribe pharmaceutical agents in BC.
Dr. Luis has called Vancouver home for the last 20 years. When not in the office caring for patients, she can be found at the pool, dojo or field watching her three children compete in sports or enjoying her time at the beach, gym or in her kitchen.
For more information about Dr. Luis and the services provided by Doctors of Naturopathy at the Downtown Wellness Centre please also refer to www.drjenniferluis.com